About Dr. Drew Sinatra
Meet Dr. Drew Sinatra
Dr. Drew Sinatra is a board-certified naturopathic doctor and self-described “health detective” with a passion for promoting natural healing and improving quality of life by addressing the root cause of illness. His vibrant practice often focuses on finding missed connections between symptoms and health issues.
Taking the Path of “Green Medicine”
Although Dr. Drew Sinatra is an expert in naturopathic medicine, his medical journey didn’t start out that way. His education began with a Bachelor of Arts degree in neuroscience at Franklin & Marshall College, with his sights on attending conventional medical school. He changed course after learning about naturopathic medicine from his father, Dr. Stephen Sinatra, and becoming captivated by the idea that illness can be prevented by using nutrients, herbs, lifestyle changes, and other noninvasive modalities to bring the body back into its natural balance.
"One of my favorite aspects of naturopathic medicine is its patient-centered and holistic goal of restoring health by addressing the root cause of disease."
— Dr. Drew Sinatra
Dr. Drew Sinatra holds a master’s degree in acupuncture and a doctorate degree in naturopathic medicine. His medical training included clinical rotations in everything from general medicine, to counseling, immune wellness, diabetes and cardiovascular medicine, nutrition, and geriatrics.
His medical career started in Vancouver, British Columbia where he practiced family medicine. He slowly began to see more complex chronically ill patients which sparked a curiosity and determination to learn more about what could be the root cause of these chronic diseases. This investigation took him to Europe to study with experts in the field of biological medicine, and then to California at a Lyme disease focused clinic. He later joined the CLEAR Center of Health, an integrative medicine clinic, where he treats patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns, from digestive disorders to the common cold.
Whole-Body Health at Work and at Home
In his practice, Dr. Drew Sinatra typically spends 60 minutes with new patients, exploring all aspects of each patient’s lifestyle and environment and assessing their potential relevance to the presenting illness. With that information, he chooses therapies from his arsenal of “green medicine” to restore the patient’s health. His ultimate goal for each person he sees is to create healing and wellness.
Dr. Drew Sinatra’s areas of expertise include digestive disorders, autoimmune disorders, environmental issues (including mold toxicity), allergies, cardiovascular disease, fatigue, depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, electro hypersensitivity, and Lyme disease.
In his spare time, Dr. Drew Sinatra enjoys the outdoors, including hiking, wilderness exploration, and kiteboarding. He passionately cultivates a “green life” for his young family, making sure they eat organic non-GMO food (often purchased from local farmers), limit exposure to environmental toxins, and spend time outdoors in nature.
- Board-Certified and California-Licensed Naturopathic Doctor
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
- Masters of Science in 5-Element Acupuncture
- Bachelor of Arts in Biological Foundations of Behavior, Neuroscience
About Dr. Drew Sinatra
Board-certified naturopathic doctor, Dr. Drew Sinatra is a self-described “health detective” with a passion for promoting natural healing and improving quality of life with a focus on finding the missed connections between symptoms and health issues.
- Drew Sinatra, “Naturopathic Medicine and the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease,” in Nutritional and Integrative Strategies in Cardiovascular Medicine, eds. Stephen Sinatra and Mark Houston. Boca Raton, Fl: CRC Press, 2015.
- Drew Sinatra, et al. “A Statin for All Diabetics? Not So Fast,” Altern Ther Health Med. 2015;21(5):12–5.
- Drew Sinatra, et al. “The Effects of Coenzyme Q10 on Locomotor and Behavioral Activity in Young and Aged C57BL/6 Mice,” Biofactors. 2003;18(1–4):283–7.
- Drew Sinatra. “Improving Care Through Wireless Awareness.” 2011 BCNA Bulletin pg. 4.
- Top Ten Ways to Avoid Getting Sick, HeartMDInstitute Website. 2011
- 7 Everyday Ways to Detoxify, HeartMDInstitute Website. 2010
- Acupuncture in the Modern World. HeartMDInstitute Website. 2010
- Prostate Health and BPH. HeartMDInstitute Website. 2010
- California Naturopathic Doctors Association (CNDA)
- American College of Nutrition (ACN)
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)