Dr. Julian Whitaker Health Advice & Supplements
Meet Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Julian Whitaker is a true pioneer and trusted authority on alternative medicine—as well as an author, lecturer, and founder and director of the Whitaker Wellness Institute. He has spent more than 40 years helping people improve their quality of life by providing them with the knowledge and tools that engender health and wellness.
More than 45,000 patients from around the world—many with serious, chronic illnesses who had been failed by conventional medicine—have participated in the Institute’s Back to Health Program.
Dr. Whitaker believes that with the right guidance, education, and therapies, we are all capable of achieving optimal health and well-being and that no patient is too sick to improve his or her health. The Back to Health Program, Dr. Whitaker says, is the true meaning of “health care”—achieving wellness, not managing disease.
Dr. Whitaker’s philosophy and treatment protocols involve a combination of therapeutic lifestyle changes, vitamins, and other targeted nutritional supplements, and additional cutting-edge natural therapies that work in tandem to jump-start the body’s innate healing ability.
In addition to his long-running Health & Healing newsletter and numerous special reports, Dr. Whitaker has authored or co-authored 13 books, including:
- The Mini-Fast Diet
- The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Plan
- Reversing Diabetes Cookbook
- Reversing Diabetes
- Reversing Heart Disease
- Quick and Easy Recipes for Vibrant Living
- Reversing Hypertension
- The Memory Solution
- Shed 10 Years in 10 Weeks
- The Pain Relief Breakthrough
- Is Heart Surgery Necessary?
- Dr. Whitaker’s Guide to Natural Healing
- Reversing Health Risks
A Champion of Health Freedom
Dr. Whitaker is an avid supporter and advocate of freedom of choice in medical care, including the right to use nutritional supplements and other natural therapies. Founder of the nonprofit organization, Dr. Whitaker’s Freedom of Health Foundation, he has been on the forefront of this movement, fighting and winning numerous battles to protect our freedoms.
His successes include testifying at Congressional hearings in support of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA); suing and winning the right to list truthful information on supplement labels, which had been unconstitutionally blocked by the Food and Drug Administration; and helping patients, newsletter subscribers, and other doctors who have been wrongfully persecuted for their health care choices and practices. For these efforts, Dr. Whitaker has also won several awards for his contributions in this arena.
Dr. Whitaker’s Awards and Recognition
- First Amendment Hall of Fame Award, Emord & Associates, 2014
- Sacred Fire of Liberty Award, Emord & Associates, 2014
- Excellence in Integrative Medicine Award, Emord & Associates, 2014
- Excellence in Nutrition Science Award, Emord & Associates, 2014
- 30th Anniversary Award of Excellence, Burzynski Clinic, 2008
- American Physician Award, Reflexology of America, 2006
- Lifetime Achievement Award, International/American Association of Clinical Nutritionists, 2006
- Defender of Human Rights Award, CCHR, 2005
- Guardian of the Constitution Award, Emord & Associates, 2004
- Protector of Human Rights, CCHR, 2004
- Pearson v. Shalala 1st Amendment Freedom Award, Emord & Associates, 2001
- Presidential Commendation for Exemplary and Inspirational Achievement, American College for Advancement in Medicine, 1995
Dr. Whitaker graduated from Dartmouth College and went on to earn his MD from Emory University. He completed his surgical internship at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta. In 1974, along with four other doctors and two-time Nobel Prize winner Linus Pauling, Dr. Whitaker founded the California Orthomolecular Medical Society. In 1976, he joined the staff at the Pritikin Longevity Center, where he worked before opening the Whitaker Wellness Institute in 1979.
Today, the Whitaker Wellness Institute is one of the oldest and largest providers of alternative health therapies in the United States. Some of the clinic-based therapies include hyperbaric oxygen therapy, EECP, acupuncture, chelation, bioidentical hormones, IV therapies, and microcurrent therapy, plus many others.