The No. 1 hidden cause of sleep problems in people over age 50 is SOLVED!
Lock in Your Savings and Get
FREE SHIPPING on AutoDelivery
AutoDelivery is the most convenient, cost-effective way to ensure you never run out of the supplements you love most... because we'll automatically send you a fresh supply right before you run out!
- FREE SHIPPING for as long as you are enrolled in AutoDelivery. A tremendous savings of $83 a year...or more!
- TODAY'S LOW RETAIL PRICE on every shipment-we will never raise the price, guaranteed.
- PERSONALIZED SERVICE means you can call our Customer Care Team to add a product, update the quantity or change your delivery date at any time.
Wait! Don't Miss Out on the
Benefits of AutoDelivery!
- FREE SHIPPING today and forever! You'll save up to $83 per year.
- GUARANTEED PRICE PROTECTION — the low retail price you pay today will never go up!
- YOU'RE COMPLETELY IN CONTROL — we'll notify you before each shipment and you can make a change at any time!
Fall asleep fast…and stay asleep through the night
If you’re a man or woman over the age of 50 and you find yourself struggling to get a restful and recharging night’s sleep, then please read on.
Because, after 20 years of research and eight human clinical trials, Dr. Richard Wurtman, America’s leading natural sleep expert—a noted MIT and Harvard professor—has discovered the solution you’ve been looking for.
Sleep Answer® is guaranteed to help you:
- Get to sleep faster each night—as quick as 20 minutes faster…
- Reduce restlessness, tossing and turning by 50 percent…
- Reduce nighttime wake ups by 65 percent
- Sleep longer each night—waking refreshed, never groggy!
That’s because Sleep Answer is not a temporary solution. It actually solves your sleep problems at their source.
Melatonin is the brain chemical with the lion’s share of responsibility for managing your sleep cycle. Dr. Wurtman discovered that, once we reach 70, our levels of melatonin decrease significantly—by as much as 75%!
The result is trouble falling asleep…trouble staying asleep…restless tossing and turning…and a day wrought with low energy, “brain fog,” and fatigue. He knew that replenishing melatonin levels was the key to helping men and women get back to healthier sleep cycles.
What he didn’t know is that, when it comes to the pro-sleep benefits of supplemental melatonin…less is more. Way more.
Decades of research and clinical trials uncovered the fact that too much melatonin can actually overload melatonin receptors in the brain. In essence, drowning them in so much melatonin they are no longer able to process it properly.
With ingredients backed by clinical PROOF, where other supplements fail…
Sleep Answer is a superstar!
Most melatonin supplements contain 2 mg…3 mg…even as much as 10 mg of melatonin! With these higher doses, the melatonin receptors in your brain get overwhelmed and become desenitized, and eventually, the higher dosages will no longer work. And, those who have tried these mega-doses can experience morning grogginess and "hangovers."
Sleep Answer contains just 0.6 mg of melatonin. But that alone is not what makes it so unique.
Besides delivering such a low dose of melatonin, Sleep Answer uses a two-pronged approach to giving you a perfect night’s sleep. Sleep Answer’s outer capsule dissolves first—delivering an ideal 0.3 mg dose of fast-acting, liquid melatonin just minutes after you take it, resetting your natural sleep cycle so you can get to sleep quickly.
Then, thanks to cutting-edge, capsule-in-capsule technology…3–4 hours after taking Sleep Answer, its inner layer dissolves, releasing tiny beads filled with a second 0.3 mg dose of melatonin so you can stay asleep.
Sleep Answer is the ONLY sleep aid specifically designed for men and women over 50
And Sleep Answer is the only sleep aid that uses capsule-in-capsule technology to deliver two doses of the optimal amount of melatonin clinically proven to help you fall asleep…and stay asleep…so you can wake up refreshed, energized and ready to take on your day.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 28
1 capsule contains:
Melatonin 0.6 mg *
* Daily Value (DV) not established.
Other ingredients: Glycerin, vegetable cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, sugar, talc, pharmaceutical glaze, polyvinylpyrrolidone, FD&C Blue Lake #2.
Doctor’s Suggested Use: Take one capsule nightly, 30 to 60 minutes before bed.
Warning: Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while using this product. Pregnant or lactating women or those who are trying to become pregnant should avoid melatonin.
Keep out of reach of children.
Displaying 1-5 of 5
As a teacher, I can't afford sleepless nights - not good for me or my students. I've never liked taking melatonin - it often made me jittery instead of sleepy, but Sleep Answer has just the effect I needed. I've been taking it for a week now and every morning I'm surprised that I never woke up the whole night. I've had 7-8 hours of straight sleep each night and no grogginess. I will be back to buy a larger quantity soon!
I have had terrible sleep quality for a very long time and have tried different sleep aids that seem to help for a short time but sometimes leave me really tired the next day. With Sleep Answer, I'm sleeping much more soundly and am able to sleep through the night instead of waking up sporadically through the night. As a result, I feel like I have much more energy now. I would highly recommend this product!
I usually toss and turn on Sunday nights, dreading the Monday back to work. I tried this not expecting good results, but was I surprised. It works. I take approx. 45 minutes before going to bed, and when I hit the bed, I drift off quickly, and stay asleep. Even if I wake up during the night, it is no problem to get back to sleep, I really like this product, THANK YOU so much
This did not work for me . I still woke up after 4-5 hours of sleep . I stayed awake for 1-2 hours and then finally went back to sleep. Unfortunately I had ordered 2 more of the Sleep Answer before I found that it wasn't working .
I was a skeptic, now I'm not. Also take at least 1/2 hr. before lights out.
It’s not your fault! Melatonin levels take a significant drop after age 50…and continue to drop as you age.
- Nocturnal melatonin secretion starts a continuing decline in most people, with peak nocturnal levels in most 70-yr-olds being only a quarter or less of what they are in young adults.1 This decline may reflect the progressive unexplained (but ubiquitous) calcification of the pineal gland, resulting in loss of melatonin-secreting tissue.
Studies prove it—when it comes to melatonin, less is more for men and women over 50.
- Irina V. Zhdanova, MD, Ph.D. and Richard J. Wurtman, MD., et al, examined the ability of different doses of melatonin to restore nighttime melatonin levels and sleep efficiency in subjects over 50 years old.
- In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, subjects who slept normally or exhibited poor sleep efficiency received a placebo or one of three melatonin doses (0.1, 0.3, and 3.0 mg) orally 30 minutes before bedtime for a week. Treatments were separated by 1 week washout periods.
- The 0.3 mg dose of melatonin restored sleep efficiency and also elevated plasma melatonin to normal levels. The greatest effect of the 0.3 mg dose was seen particularly during the middle portion of sleep.
- The 0.3 mg dose caused peak levels in the range usually observed at night among young adults.
- The 3.0 mg dose also improved sleep; however, it caused plasma melatonin levels to remain elevated into the daylight hours (which is associated with morning grogginess).
- Researchers concluded that a 0.3 mg dose was either as effective as, or more effective than, higher doses, particularly when the hormone was administered for several days. 2
This small dose of melatonin is clinically proven to help you fall asleep 20 minutes faster…with 50% less restlessness and 65% fewer nighttime wake ups.
- In a pilot study, Dr. Wurtman investigated a low dose of melatonin (0.3 mg) in elderly subjects to determine its effect on sleep efficiency, the number of nocturnal awakenings, and early morning awakenings.
- In the study, 9 subjects (aged 51–78) were given either 0.3 mg of melatonin or placebo for 3 consecutive nights. Core body temperature and motor activity were monitored. In addition, the subjects completed a questionnaire about their previous night’s sleep.
- Dr. Wurtman found that melatonin administration:
- reduced the number of movements per night (from 480–240), a 50% improvement.
- reduced sleep latency time from 49 minutes to 27 minutes, a 45% reduction in the time it took for them to fall asleep.
- reduced the number of awakenings per night from 2.56 to 0.88, a 65% reduction in the number of times subjects woke up at night.
- Subjects also self-reported improved sleep quality and no increase in morning sleepiness the next day.3
Patented capsule-in-capsule technology helps ensure that you fall asleep fast…and sleep soundly through the night:
- Sleep Answer utilizes the patented Licaps® liquid filled capsule technology with its unique multiphase, capsule-in-capsule delivery system. The outer capsule contains a liquid (glycerin) containing 0.3 mg of solubilized melatonin. The inner capsule (floating in the liquid) contains special melatonin microbeads, also delivering 0.3 mg, for a total of 0.6 mg of melatonin nightly.
- The dissolution of the Sleep Answer capsules has been tested in a simulated gastric environment. The outer capsule, like any regular capsule, is designed to disintegrate within 20 minutes once in the stomach. Within 30 minutes of ingestion, 0.3 mg of melatonin should be released from the capsule (Figure 1). Next, the controlled-release inner capsule begins to break down about 3 hours after ingestion, and the microbeads contained within it are designed to slowly release the melatonin over the next hour. This means that the second 0.3 mg dose of melatonin should be released about 3–4 hours after ingestion4 (Figure 2), which coincides with the same time frame as many people report waking up after falling asleep at night. The second dose serves to help people return to sleep more easily if they awaken, or help them stay asleep the whole night through.
Figure 1 Dissolution test of outer capsule in a simulated gastric environment
Figure 2 Dissolution test of the inner capsule in a simulated gastric environment
1 Waldhauser F, Lynch HJ, Wurtman RJ. Melatonin in human body fluids: clinical significance. In The Pineal Gland. Comprehensive Endocrinology; Reiter RJ, Ed.; Raven Press: New York, 1984:345–70.
2 Zhdanova IV, Wurtman RJ, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001;86(10):4727–730.
3 Wurtman, R and I Zhdanova. Lancet 1995;346:1491.
4 Dissolution Testing from Capsugel.
- Manufactured to exacting standards using highest quality raw materials
- Produced under our own SOPs that meet or exceed FDA GMPs
- Every batch tested to verify purity and potency specifications are met
- Specific product testing is listed in the Certificate of Quality
- Quality assured with our Triple Testing Philosophy™
- Backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What exactly is melatonin? Why is it so important?
A: Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone in the body. It manages our natural sleep cycle and elevated blood levels of melatonin are associated with natural, restful sleep. But as we age, our natural levels of melatonin decrease. Restless sleep can often be improved by restoring the natural level of melatonin to what it was in young adulthood.
Q: I live a healthy, active lifestyle…why would my melatonin levels decrease?
A: Several factors can impact your natural melatonin levels. Medications and exposure to artificial light (i.e. television, computers, mobile phones, etc.) are controllable factors that can decrease naturally occurring melatonin levels. However, natural calcification of the pineal gland, due to aging, has the most dramatic impact on melatonin levels.
Q: What makes the melatonin in Sleep Answer different from any other melatonin supplement?
A: Most melatonin supplements actually contain too much melatonin. After two decades of research, Dr. Richard Wurtman discovered that the 2mg, 3mg, even as much as 10mg in most melatonin supplements can actually overload melatonin receptors. Most people would see temporary improvements in their sleep…but back to nights of restlessness just days or weeks later. Each Sleep Answer capsule contains two controlled-release doses of just 0.3 mg of melatonin (0.6 mg total)—the exact dose clinically proven to improve sleep in men and women over 50.
Q: I see that the melatonin in Sleep Answer is synthetic. Are there any risks in taking a synthetic form?
A: Absolutely not. Melatonin is a relatively simple hormone that is easy to produce and, in the body, the synthetic form acts exactly like the natural form. Synthetic melatonin is also cleaner. Naturally derived melatonin is typically harvested from cow brain—which could potentially be contaminated.
Q: Will melatonin interact with any of my prescription meds?
A: No. Melatonin has no known contraindications with drugs that you may be prescribed by a doctor. You can take it safely without worry.
Q: What is the best time to take melatonin?
A: For best results, I recommend taking Sleep Answer about 30–60 minutes before you’d like to go to sleep.
Q: How soon can I expect results? Will I get a good night’s sleep the first time I take Sleep Answer?
A: Everyone’s body is different. How soon you notice a difference depends on your body’s natural levels of melatonin. Some report a perfect night’s sleep from the very first night. While others realize full benefits after several days of taking Sleep Answer before bed. But remember, your satisfaction is guaranteed—you have a full 90 days to decide is Sleep Answer is right for you.
Q: I’ve taken melatonin before and it didn’t work for me/stopped working for me after just a few days/weeks. What makes Sleep Answer different?
A: Sleep Answer is the only melatonin supplement with a dosage backed my clinical research. Studies have shown that the amount of melatonin supplied in most supplements (2mg, 3mg, as much as 10mg) is far too much. High-dose melatonin can overload melatonin receptors in the body making proper absorption difficult. Sleep Answer contains two controlled-release doses of just 0.3mg…the same amount clinically proven to support a restful night’s sleep for men and women over 50 without overloading melatonin receptors.
Q: Should I take this product every night, or only when I have trouble sleeping?
A: If you have trouble sleeping, and are 50+ years of age, the natural decline in melatonin levels is not correctable aside from taking melatonin supplements. To help restore melatonin levels to those found in young adults, and promote a full night's sleep, low dose melatonin supplements should be taken every night. While some people will experience better sleep the first night they take low dose melatonin, some may need to take melantonin every night for 1 week to fully reset their sleep clock. Therefore taking melatonin only on occasion may not be effective. It should be taken nightly to help restore melatonin levels to those which are found in young adults.