Dr. Drew Sinatra
Board-Certified Naturopathic Doctor
Self-described “health detective” with a passion for promoting natural healing, wellness, and improving quality of life.
Meet Dr. Drew Sinatra
Dr. Drew Sinatra is a board-certified practicing naturopathic doctor and self-described “health detective.” He has a passion for promoting natural healing and improving quality of life by addressing “health care” rather than “disease care.” Dr. Drew Sinatra holds a Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University, America’s top naturopathic and integrative medical school and he has a vibrant, successful practice in Northern California. In his practice, he often focuses on the gut microbiome and finding the missed connections between symptoms and health issues.
Through his practice, publications and products, Dr. Drew Sinatra continues to educate the public and his patients on the never-ending journey to optimal health that continually integrates the body, mind and spirit. Dr. Sinatra is committed to formulating “clean and green” products that he would be secure in giving to his own family.
The Microbiome Is the Cornerstone of Health
As a practicing naturopathic physician, Dr. Drew Sinatra follows and believes in the healing power of nature. He focuses on providing education on the gut microbiome—the vast community of flora that live in our gut—and its effect on overall health to give his readers the tools to live a better, healthier life. To Dr. Sinatra, the most important part of naturopathic medicine is finding the root cause of health issues as opposed to focusing on only the symptoms. He partnered with Healthy Directions to bring these principles to life by developing his own product line of digestive health solutions called LifeBiome ®.
From the moment we are born until we take our last breath, the health of our gut microbiome is linked to so many other areas of the body, such as the heart, the brain, the skin, and the liver. Your gut health can even affect your sleep, your immunity, and your weight. LifeBiome products support the health of your gut microbiome and its impact on more than just your gut.
The product development philosophy of LifeBiome ties back to naturopathic principles, using ingredients and nutrients that Dr. Drew Sinatra implements in his own practice with his patients. The ingredients in his LifeBiome products are vegetarian, gluten free and minimally processed without artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, artificial preservatives, and HFCS. They are also made without wheat, eggs, shellfish, fish, tree nuts, peanuts, and when at all possible, dairy and soy.
Whole-Body Health at Work and at Home
In his practice, Dr. Drew Sinatra typically spends 60 minutes with new patients, exploring all aspects of each patient’s lifestyle and environment and assessing their potential relevance to the presenting illness. With that information, he chooses therapies and diet plans that target the patient’s specific health needs. His ultimate goal for each person he sees is to create healing and wellness that continues to thrive.
Dr. Drew Sinatra is married to Dr. Briana Sinatra, also a practicing naturopathic doctor, who specializes in women and family wellness including prenatal care, fertility support, postpartum care, and children’s health issues. The two doctors are raising two very active young boys. They make health a priority in their home and continue to guide their children on how to stay healthy in today’s modern world.
In his spare time, Dr. Drew Sinatra enjoys the outdoors, including hiking, wilderness exploration, and kiteboarding. He passionately cultivates a “green life” for his young family, making sure they eat organic non-GMO food (often purchased from local farmers), limit exposure to environmental toxins, and spend time in nature.
- Board-Certified and California-Licensed Naturopathic Doctor
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
- Masters of Science in 5-Element Acupuncture
- Bachelor of Arts in Biological Foundations of Behavior, Neuroscience
As Featured In:
- Sunday Edit: Exactly What to Stay Away From On Your Next Flight
- The Active Times: How to Treat Mosquito Bites
- Real Simple: You're Probably Not Drinking Enough Water—Here Are Two Simple Ways to Check
- Yogapedia: The Latest Wellness Trend in 2019: Everything You Need to Know About Your Gut Health
- Bustle: 15 Little Things to Keep at Your Desk To Stay Healthy During Flu Season
- PIX 11 News: Officials Recommend Wearing a Face Mask Outdoors to Fight Coronavirus. Which One Should You Wear?
- Healthy Directions introduces LifeBiome™ - a new line of innovative digestive health supplements formulated by Dr. Drew Sinatra, N.D.
- LifeBiome® Gut Restore Advanced® named finalist at SupplySide West 2019—an award spotlighting products that demonstrate “innovation, inspiration, and integrity"
- Healthy Directions LLC becomes corporate sponsor of global nonprofit public health organization, Vitamin Angels®
- Dr. Drew Sinatra’s wife, Dr. Briana Sinatra, a board-certified naturopathic physician, joins the Healthy Directions family of doctors
Join Dr. Drew Sinatra for his weekly Be HEALTHistic podcast, which he cohosts with his father, integrative cardiologist Dr. Stephen Sinatra. Together, they delve into a wide range of health topics and have intriguing and informative conversations with expert guests.
- Sinatra, S., Oschman, J., Chevalier, G., Sinatra, D. Electric Nutrition: "The Surprising Health and Healing Benefits of Biological Grounding (Earthing)". Alternative Therapies. Sep/Oct 2017 23 (5): 8–16.
- Sinatra, S, Sinatra, M, Sinatra D. "High Vibrational Living—a Segue to Optimum Health.” Journal of Comprehensive Integrative Medicine. 2018 July;2(1):1–12.
- Sinatra, DS, Sinatra S. "Inflammation and the Heart: A Commentary." Altern Ther Health Med. 2016:22(5):13-6.
- Drew Sinatra, “Naturopathic Medicine and the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease,” in Nutritional and Integrative Strategies in Cardiovascular Medicine, eds. Stephen Sinatra and Mark Houston. Boca Raton, Fl: CRC Press, 2015.
- Drew Sinatra, et al. “A Statin for All Diabetics? Not So Fast,” Altern Ther Health Med. 2015;21(5):12–5.
- Drew Sinatra, et al. “The Effects of Coenzyme Q10 on Locomotor and Behavioral Activity in Young and Aged C57BL/6 Mice,” Biofactors. 2003;18(1–4):283–7.
- Drew Sinatra. “Improving Care Through Wireless Awareness.” 2011 BCNA Bulletin pg. 4.
- Top Ten Ways to Avoid Getting Sick, HeartMDInstitute Website. 2011
- 7 Everyday Ways to Detoxify, HeartMDInstitute Website. 2010
- Acupuncture in the Modern World. HeartMDInstitute Website. 2010
- California Naturopathic Doctors Association (CNDA)
- American College of Nutrition (ACN)
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)