Dr. Julian Whitaker
Mind & Memory Essentials
Bolster memory, cognition, focus and attention with clinically validated superstar Longvida® Optimized Curcumin
What You Get With REFILL & SAVE
Ongoing Savings + FREE Shipping
Exclusive Offers + Free Samples
Flexibility — Update or Cancel Anytime
Additional Product Details
Support your memory, mental sharpness, and mood
The unique ingredients in Mind & Memory Essentials have been shown to support the overall health of your brain, improve cognitive function, increase mental sharpness, reduce fatigue, and support mood. What's more, the bioavailable forms of well-established nutrients provide this impressive support with just one easy pill a day!
Featuring superstar Longvida® Optimized Curcumin—a brain nutrient like no other
Longvida Curcumin Extract
- Helps improve cognitive performance after a single dose
- Supports normal working memory
- Supports overall brain and cognitive health
- Enhances focus and attention
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) has been used as a traditional medicine, spice, and natural coloring agent for thousands of years. And the scientific world has taken notice. In the past 15 years, nearly 6,500 scientific papers have been published on the therapeutic properties of turmeric and curcumin, its most recognized constituent.
However, curcumin is not readily absorbed into the bloodstream. And without absorption, it cannot do its job. That's what makes Longvida so incredible. Developed by researchers at UCLA, Longvida is an enhanced curcumin extract that uses SLCP™ (Solid Lipid Curcumin Particle) technology to deliver free curcumin through permeability, solubility, and stability of the active ingredient.
In other words, this specialized technology protects the curcumin molecule from the harsh environment of the stomach, allowing it to dissolve once it's absorbed into the gastrointestinal tract and then smoothly cross into the bloodstream.
Longvida Optimized Curcumin supports memory, alertness, attention, mood, and more
In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, older adults were given 400 mg per day of Longvida (the dosage in Mind & Memory Essentials) or a placebo for 30 days to analyze the effects on cognitive function, performance, and mood.
Using two well-established mental performance tests, cognitive and mood assessments were performed prior to taking curcumin, as well as one hour and three hours afterward. Testing was repeated on days one and 30. The goal was to determine Longvida's beneficial effect on reaction time, accuracy, sustained attention, motor speed, fatigue, alertness, calmness, and contentedness.
Cognitive results within hours
Plus, extended mood benefits after 30 days
Improved measurements of cognitive function were observed when the study participants were retested one and three hours after taking Longvida. And mood was enhanced after 30 days. These improved measures of fatigue, alertness, calmness, contentment, attention, and working memory demonstrate Longvida's positive cognitive effects in healthy older adults.1
Exclusive Formula Includes 3 More Brain and Memory Powerhouses
Huperzine A, traditionally known as Qian Ceng Ta, is an alkaloid extract from the Chinese herbal tradition which is prepared from the moss Huperzia serrata. It was first identified by scientists in China in the early 1980s, but the plant extract has been used in China for centuries as support for a healthy inflammatory response.
Highly bioavailable B vitamins
As you may know, the B family of vitamins are vital multitaskers. They are involved in everything from cognitive function to cardiovascular health. There have been numerous studies on the effectiveness of B vitamins, especially folic acid, B6, and B12. But when it comes to brain health, some forms of these vitamins are better than others. Take folic acid, for example.
Most supplements include the synthetic form of folic acid that your body must convert to be effective. Clinically studied Quatrefolic® is a highly bioavailable, already converted form of folate—which is critical for supporting normal levels of homocysteine. In addition, Mind & Memory Essentials contains methylcobalamin, the most bioavailable form of vitamin B12, which works alongside Quatrefolic to support healthy levels of homocysteine, a vital marker of cardiovascular and cognitive health.
1 Cox and Scholey. Presented at Psychology 2014 (British Psychology Society) and Cox KH, et al. Journal of Psychopharmacol 2014 (Accepted and awaiting publication).
Ingredients and Dosage
Doctor's Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule daily with a meal.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl, pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||35 mg||2,059%|
|Folate (as [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt)(Quatrefolic®)||333 mcg DFE (200 mcg folic acid)||83%|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||500 mcg||20,833%|
|Optimized Curcumin Extract (from Curcuma longa rhizome)(Longvida®)||400 mg||*|
|Huperzine A (from toothed clubmoss, whole plant)||100 mcg||*|
|* Daily Value (DV) not established|
Other ingredients: Gelatin, maltodextrin, stearic acid, silica, soy lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate (preservative)
Precautions: Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant or nursing, have a serious medical condition, or use any medications.
Keep out of reach of children.
Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A. and protected by US Patent No. 7,947,662.
LONGVIDA® and Optimized Curcumin® are registered trademarks of Verdure Sciences, Inc. For IP Info, visit vs-corp.com/IP
Science and Quality
Clinical Evidence for Longvida® Optimized Curcumin Extract
In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, 60 healthy adults (60–84 years old) were randomly assigned 400mg/d of Longvida or identical placebo for 30 days to analyze the effects Longvida on cognitive function/performance and mood using the Computerized Mental Performance Assessment System (COMPASS) and State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI-S).
RESULTS: Longvida supported improved measurements in cognitive function in older healthy individuals after acute and long-term dosing and mood after long-term supplementation. These improved measures of fatigue, alertness, calmness, contentment, and attention and working memory show Longvida's beneficial effect on mental status in a healthy older population.
- Reaction Time: On the first day, the average reaction time for the Longvida group showed a significant improvement after both one hour and 3 hours after taking the Longvida. On day 30, the Longvida group again demonstrated a significant improvement at both one hour (and three hours) while the placebo group had no change.
- Accuracy: On day one the number of correct responses increased while the placebo declined after one hour.
- Digit Vigilance Tasks: a test using rapid visual tracking measuring sustained attention and motor speed. It is often used to assess mental energy, alertness, attention, and focus. Treatment with Longvida had a significant acute effect on accuracy during the Digit Vigilance task at one hour versus the control.
- Fatigue: A significant benefit of 30-day Longvida on measures of fatigue was observed as well. The control group showed a significant increase in fatigue after completing cognitive testing.
- Alertness: On day 30, subjects in the placebo group noted a significant decline in their subjective feeling of alertness after one hour and three hours, while there was no significant change in alertness among the treatment group. This suggests that 30-day dosing of Longvida may help prevent reduced alertness from prolonged cognitive exertion.
- Calmness: A significant benefit of Longvida on scores of calmness was observed after 30 days.
- Contentedness: A significant benefit of 30-day Longvida was observed on scores of contentedness following cognitive testing.
- Manufactured to exacting standards using highest quality raw materials
- Produced in accordance with our strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that meet those set by the FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- Every batch tested to verify purity and potency specifications are met
- Details of specific product testing is listed in the Certificate of Quality
- Quality assured with our Triple-Testing Philosophy™
- Backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee
Product reviews and ratings are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the individual contributors and not those of Healthy Directions LLC. Healthy Directions LLC neither verifies nor endorses any claims made in these reviews and ratings.