What You Get With REFILL & SAVE
Ongoing Savings + FREE Shipping
Exclusive Offers + Free Samples
Flexibility — Update or Cancel Anytime
Additional Product Details
Our exclusive combination of sea-based nutrients to help you feel your best, every day
What if I told you the secrets to aging well and living each day full of vitality are hidden deep below the ocean’s surface?
You already know how good omega-3s are for your heart and overall health. But omega-3s like fish oil just barely scratch the surface of the sea’s healthy bounty! For years I’ve shared just how valuable a diet rich in sea-based foods is for overall good health, wellness, and vitality. That’s why I often look to the Mediterranean and Asian cultures for inspiration when it comes to creating formulas that help you stay healthy and vital as you age. Their diets are composed of nutrient-rich foods from the sea that are packed with antioxidants, minerals, and other nutrients that are vital to the health of your cells, heart, brain, and body.
Omega VitaliSEA pulls together what I believe are the very best of the traditional Mediterranean and Asian diets. Omega-3s are well researched and VitaliSEA includes naturally higher in DHA CalaMarine® omega-3 oil and astaxanthin plus magnesium, kelp, and iodine to help you age well and feel your best every day. It gives you all of this nutrient goodness of the sea, in one exclusive formula!
Deep-sea CalaMarine® omega-3 oil
I’ve been recommending omega-3s for heart health for over 20 years because I know just how important omega-3s are to your heart, brain, eye, and even digestive tract health. And I am a strong proponent of higher levels of DHA to support not only your heart, but brain, eye, and whole body health, making it one of the most important fatty acids your body needs! But, it can also be difficult to get enough omega-3s from diet alone. That’s why my DHA-packed omega-3 supplement for healthy aging, Omega VitaliSEA, is built upon a foundation of heart healthy and naturally higher in DHA CalaMarine omega-3 oil.
This clean-tasting oil is sourced from wild, deep-sea calamari—not fish!—caught in the pristine South American waters. Because of their short life cycle, there is a constantly renewing supply and no threat of overfishing. Plus, it goes through a five-step purification process for superior quality and safety. This makes CalaMarine an eco-friendly, renewable, and fresh source of omega-3s, with no fishy smell, taste, or embarrassing burps! In fact, 9 out of 10 CalaMarine users reported NO FISHY BURPS!*
Astaxanthin from green sea algae
For years I’ve talked about remarkable astaxanthin—also referred to as “the king of the carotenoids”—and its powerful antioxidant properties to help fight free radicals to reduce oxidative stress in the body. This unique, ultra-potent carotenoid pigment—which gives salmon its pink color—is effective in supporting eye and brain health. It also plays an important role in supporting your heart health.
Since the body doesn’t naturally produce astaxanthin, you can only get it through diet or supplementation. That's why I've packed my Omega VitaliSEA with a 6 mg dose of AstaZine® Astaxanthin.
One of the most overlooked nutrients, magnesium, is one of my top recommended nutrients for heart health. In fact, I call it the “unsung hero” of heart health since it’s a cofactor in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body! But oftentimes, stress, poor diet, and even prescription drugs can deplete your levels.
Kelp extract from brown seaweed
Known for its antioxidant benefits to help protect cells from free radicals to support healthy aging and as a source of the essential mineral iodine, kelp has long been used in various cultures, including in Japan and Korea, for its health benefits. In fact, brown seaweeds have been used as both a food and medicine for thousands of years, with both Japan and Korea having it as a staple in their diets. Brown seaweed is remarkable in that it absorbs nutrients from its surrounding marine environment, making it a potent nutrient source!
When I first started developing this formula, I knew I wanted kelp extract to be a part of it, for its ability to help protect cells from free radicals, thereby helping you age well. The kelp included in Omega VitaliSEA provides antioxidant support to help keep your cells protected, and ultimately support healthy aging.
Iodine for thyroid health
As a source of iodine, kelp extract from brown seaweed provides an essential mineral for thyroid function. Your thyroid plays a major role in the health of your entire body. This includes influencing the function of some of the body’s most important organs. To support its health, your thyroid needs to be consistently fueled with iodine, an essential mineral naturally present in soil and seawater.
Nutrient goodness from the sea helps you age well and live each day with vigor!
Omega VitaliSEA truly combines what I consider to be the best-of-the-best sea-based nutrients pulled from two of the healthiest cultures for supporting your daily health and well-being. This naturally packed with DHA omega-3 supplement with astaxanthin and magnesium, plus other sea-based nutrients for healthy aging, delivers the top secrets of the sea to support your heart, eyes, brain, skin, and thyroid so your whole body stays healthy and vital. You won’t find this combination of nutrient goodness from the sea in your local grocery store, pharmacy, or warehouse store—I can promise you that!
*July 2015 Qualtrics Consumer Survey of 2,478 CalaMarine product users with 118 responses.
Ingredients and Dosage
Doctor's Suggested Use: Take 2 softgels daily with a meal.
Serving Size: 2 Softgels
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat||2.5 g||3%‡|
|Iodine (from kelp)||150 mcg||100%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium oxide)||100 mg||24%|
|CalaMarine® Oil Concentrate||2 g||*|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||570 mg||*|
|Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)||330 mg||*|
|Kelp Extract (whole plant)||50 mg||*|
|Astaxanthin (from Haematococcus pluvialis algae extract)(AstaZine®)||6 mg||*|
|‡ Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Daily Value (DV) not established
Other ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, silicon dioxide, sunflower oil, purified water, mixed tocopherols, sunflower lecithin, caramel, organic extra virgin olive oil, d-alpha tocopherol
Precautions: Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant or nursing, have a serious medical condition, or use any medications.
Keep out of reach of children.
CalaMarine® is a registered trademark of Pharma Marine AS.
AstaZine® is a registered trademark of BGG ALGAE.
Science and Quality
CalaMarine® omega-3 oil
CalaMarine isn’t your typical source of omega-3s, and is developed from calamari, an eco-friendly and sustainable food source. It is important to consume omega-3s containing high-quality EPA and DHA levels to help support brain, eye, and cardiovascular health. Plus, elevated levels of blood omega-3s support proper inflammatory response and help support normal triglycerides as part of a heart healthy lifestyle.
The ability of the body to convert plant-based omega-3s (ALA) to EPA, and subsequently DHA, is very low even in healthy individuals. And DHA is especially difficult to obtain from plant-based omega-3s. Virtually no DHA is converted from ALA: One study showed that only 0.04% is converted to DHA and another study showed healthy males converted only 4%.
Growing research shows DHA is the omega-3 your body needs most…
- DHA helps your blood pressure stay in its healthy range
- DHA supports healthy triglyceride levels
- DHA supports healthy arterial function
- Your eyes require DHA for normal function
Astaxanthin is a rare carotenoid that is an effective ingredient to support eye health, as well as the health of your skin, immune system, and blood lipids. Plus, it’s also been shown to support fitness and strength endurance training performance.
- In a 4-week, randomized, double-blind clinical study, with 22 healthy individuals (age 45–65) with eyestrain, 6 mg daily of astaxanthin was shown to support healthy vision and eye health.1
- Astaxanthin has been shown to improve eye fatigue, eye irritation, and blurred vision linked to heavy use of computers and other digital devices.
- A 12-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study with 61 healthy subjects (aged 25–60) indicated that astaxanthin improved aspects of the lipid profile by supporting healthy HDL cholesterol and triglycerides (6 mg/day).2
- A clinical study, enrolling 14 healthy female subjects taking 2 mg/day of astaxanthin, showed support for healthy CRP levels—a marker of inflammatory response—along with support for immune health by supporting healthy production of immune cells. In this 8-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 2 mg of astaxanthin was shown to provide better support for normal CRP levels than placebo.3
- In a placebo-controlled study, 49 healthy middle-aged women taking 4 mg of astaxanthin per day, had improvements in multiple parameters of skin health, including reduction in fine lines/wrinkles, improvement of skin's elasticity, enhanced moisture content, and reduction in skin dryness and roughness.4
Physical activity and endurance
- A 6-month randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study, with 37 healthy subjects taking 4 mg a day of astaxanthin—Omega VitaliSEA has 6 mg—showed they had improved fitness, strength, and endurance during exercise.
Average number of knee bends (squats) increased by 27.1 (from 49.3 to 76.4) in the astaxathin group, compared to 9.0 (from 46.1 to 55.1) for the placebo subjects. Hence, the increase in the astaxanthin-supplemented group was three times higher than that of the placebo group.5
- Magnesium is present in more than 300 enzymatic systems, where it is critical for ATP metabolism. This means over 200 enzymes require the presence of magnesium for their catalytic actions.
- Magnesium functions as a cofactor for 300 metabolic processes in the body, making it essential for our total body’s overall health.
Marine algae have been used by humans as a food for thousands of years.6 The populations of Japan and Korea consume seaweed or "macroalgae" every day, with daily consumption averaging 14.3 g in Japan7 and 6.6 g in Korea.8
- Provides antioxidant support that helps protect cells from free radicals
- An essential mineral for thyroid function.
- Naturally present in soil and seawater.
- An element that is needed for the production of thyroid hormones. The body does not make iodine, so you need to get it from foods or supplementation. If you do not have enough iodine in your body, you cannot make enough thyroid hormone.
- Studies support the essential role of iodine for thyroid health.
1 Kajita M, et al. Med Consult New Remedies 2009;46:89–93.
2 Yoshida H, et al. Atherosclerosis 2010;209:520–23.
3 Park JS, et al. Nutr Metab (Lond) 2010;7:18.
4 Yamashita E. Carotenoid Sci 2006;10:91–95.
5 Malmsten CL, et al. Carotenoid Sci 2008;13:20–22.
6 Luning K, Pang SJ. Appl Phycol 2003;15:115–19.
7 Fukuda S, et al. Eur J Clin Nutr 2007;61:99–103.
8 Kim S, et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2000;71(1):44–53.
- Manufactured to exacting standards using highest quality raw materials
- Produced in accordance with our strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that meet those set by the FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- Every batch tested to verify purity and potency specifications are met
- Quality assured with our Triple-Testing Philosophy™
- Backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee
Product reviews and ratings are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the individual contributors and not those of Healthy Directions LLC. Healthy Directions LLC neither verifies nor endorses any claims made in these reviews and ratings.