Additional Product Details
LifeBiome Gut Prep Digestive Enzymes: Your foundation for optimal digestive health
In naturopathic medicine, the gut is known as the cornerstone of your health. When it’s not functioning at its best, neither are you! And if you find yourself leading a busy lifestyle, reaching for quick, convenient, and sometimes highly processed foods, your digestive tract may often feel the strain, making it hard to break down everyday foods like pasta, meat, beans, cheese, and more.
That’s why it’s essential to reach for foods that are unprocessed, natural, and “clean,” but you also need to make sure you can efficiently digest these foods in a timely manner. For this to happen, you need a sufficient amount of digestive enzymes—proteins produced in the pancreas and then secreted into the small intestine.
LifeBiome Gut Prep Digestive Enzymes developed by practicing naturopathic doctor, Drew Sinatra, is a digestive enzyme supplement that delivers a comprehensive blend of 10 plant-based enzymes to serve as a powerful foundation for optimal digestion of commonly consumed foods. And you can rest assured it is vegetarian and gluten free and there are no added colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Nature’s solution for better food digestion
The truth is that the typical American diet is full of processed foods packed with sugar and unhealthy fats. That’s why it’s important to try to eat as many whole, natural foods as possible—often called “clean” eating. This helps you to avoid artificial ingredients, chemical additives, refined sugars, and high-fat contents—all of which can make it difficult to properly digest the foods you eat. In fact, stress can also have an impact on your digestive function. That’s why it’s so vital you supplement with digestive enzymes.
10 plant-based enzymes help break down specific food groups
The good news is Gut Prep Digestive Enzymes features an effective blend of 10 plant-based digestive enzymes to help you better digest the foods you eat by breaking them down into more simple forms, so you can experience less intestinal upset. This includes helping to break down hard-to-digest foods like pasta, meat, beans, leafy vegetables, and cheese. In fact, each enzyme was selected for its ability to help your body properly break down foods within specific food groups. Together these 10 enzymes provide the proper support for enzymatic activity in the upper gastrointestinal tract to help support efficient digestion of commonly eaten foods.
Goes great with your probiotic!
As mentioned earlier, your gut is the cornerstone of your health. That’s why this digestive enzyme supplement is formulated to complement any probiotic supplement. Together they provide the one-two punch you need to keep your digestive health on the right track.
Here’s why. While the 10 enzymes in Gut Prep Digestive Enzymes help break down everyday foods, making it easier on your digestive system and potentially leading to greater relief from indigestion, probiotics keep your gut flora in balance. And keeping your gut flora in balance is key since it’s often jeopardized by today’s over-processed, high-sugar, and high-fat foods. Even common medications can upset your bacterial balance!
Developed Dr. Drew Sinatra, Board-Certified, Practicing Naturopathic Doctor
Gut Prep Digestive Enzymes was formulated by Dr. Drew Sinatra, a practicing naturopathic doctor whose focus is on addressing the root cause of health issues, promoting natural healing and improving quality of life. He is the son of integrative cardiologist and heart health expert, Dr. Stephen Sinatra.
As a practicing, board-certified naturopathic physician, Dr. Sinatra looks to the health of your gut to see the health of your whole body. In fact, one of the first questions he asks his patients is, “How’s your digestion?”
That’s why he developed Gut Prep Digestive Enzymes, because he knew there was more that could be done to promote comfortable digestion, and help break down those everyday foods that may cause digestive distress.
Ingredients and Dosage
Doctor's Suggested Use: Take 1 vegetarian capsule prior to each meal as needed.
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Enzyme Blend||250 mg||*|
|Protein Digestive Enzymes|
|Protease (A. oryzae)||25,000 HUT||*|
|Bromelain (A. comosus)||25,000 FCCPU||*|
|Carbohydrate Digestive Enzyme|
|Amylase (A. oryzae)||15,000 DU||*|
|Fiber and Complex Carbohydrate Digestive Enzymes|
|Cellulase (T. longibrachiatum)||400 CU||*|
|Hemicellulase (A. niger)||250 HCU||*|
|Xylanase (T. longibrachiatum)||6,250 XU||*|
|Legume and Grain Digestive Enzymes|
|Beta-Glucanase (T. longibrachiatum)||25 BGU||*|
|Alpha-Galactosidase (A. niger)||100 GALU||*|
|Lactose Digestive Enzyme|
|Lactase (A. oryzae)||500 ALU||*|
|Fat Digestive Enzyme|
|Lipase (C. rugosa)||1,000 FIP||*|
|* Daily Value (DV) not established|
Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose, maltodextrin, silica, medium chain triglycerides
Precautions: Consult a health care practitioner if you are pregnant or nursing, have a serious medical condition, or use any medications.Keep out of reach of children.
Science and Quality
Enzymes are complex proteins produced by the body to start chemical reactions within the body. They are present in digestive juices which are found in the mouth, the stomach, the pancreas, and bile. Without enzymes, digestion could not take place and the food we eat could not be absorbed and utilized by the body.
Digestive Enzyme Blend
The digestive enzyme blend in Gut Enzymes is a comprehensive, plant-based enzyme blend that serves as a foundation for digestive health. The enzymes in the blend were selected for their broad pH stability and were combined to provide enzymatic activity throughout the entire gastrointestinal tract. This blend consists of:
- Protease and Bromelain: help digest proteins into amino acids over a wide pH range (3–7), which makes sure that digestion of dietary protein (such as from meats, dairy, and vegetable proteins) will start in the stomach and continue into the small intestine.
- Amylase: helps break down carbohydrates. Amylase functions over a broad range of pH (3–8), which indicates it will help start to break down starches in the stomach immediately after a meal. However, most carbohydrate digestion occurs in the intestines, where the enzymes will continue to work.
- Cellulase, hemicellulase, and xylanase: break down cellulose and polysaccharides; specifically, 1,4-beta-D-glycosidic linkages in cellulose, hemicellulose (a major component of plant cell walls), lichenin, and cereal beta-D-glucans.
- Cellulases break down the cellulose molecule into monosaccharides ("simple sugars") such as beta-glucose, or shorter polysaccharides and oligosaccharides.
- Alpha-Galactosidase and Beta-Glucanase: break down difficult to digest starches and polysaccharides found in grains, beans, and other legumes, and cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage. These sugars, if not broken down properly, are fermented by the gastrointestinal flora and may result in uncomfortable and embarrassing gas and bloating.
- Lactase: breaks down milk lactose, which is especially important for those with lactose intolerance.
- Lipase: breaks down fat into glycerol and fatty acids.
- Manufactured to exacting standards using highest quality raw materials
- Produced in accordance with our strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that meet those set by the FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- Every batch tested to verify purity and potency specifications are met
- Quality assured with our Triple-Testing Philosophy™
- Backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee
Product reviews and ratings are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the individual contributors and not those of Healthy Directions LLC. Healthy Directions LLC neither verifies nor endorses any claims made in these reviews and ratings.