What You Get With REFILL & SAVE
Ongoing Savings + FREE Shipping
Exclusive Offers + Free Samples
Flexibility — Update or Cancel Anytime
Additional Product Details
Omega-3 Joint Relief with Turmeric
Science has recently developed two powerful new ingredients—Turmacin® turmeric extract and UC-II® collagen extract—that offer tremendous relief from everyday aches and pains, that are also good for your heart and gentle enough to be used everyday.
These two clinically studied ingredients are the foundation of my joint health formula…Omega-3 Joint Relief with Turmeric.
Advanced turmeric extract
For centuries, turmeric (Curcuma longa) has been revered for its ability to alleviate aches and pains. But, the curcumin turmeric extract used in some joint relief supplements may be hard to digest, which limits its ability to be absorbed and used by the body.
Thanks to its unique molecular structure, Turmacin contains no hard-to-digest curcuminoids so it can be better utilized by your body. Plus Turmacin has also been clinically studied for its effectiveness.
In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial that studied the effects of 1,000 mg of Turmacin daily (the same dose you get in Omega-3 Joint Relief with Turmeric), participants used three different, well-recognized tests to measure a reduction in aches and pains. The results were consistent and in my opinion impressive.
Turmacin is able to deliver these tremendous benefits because it works across multiple pathways to promote a healthy inflammatory response, which is essential for healthy joints.
Patented undenatured type II collagen
A second nutrient breakthrough in Omega-3 Joint Relief with Turmeric is UC-II. This patented undenatured type II collagen helps block collagen breakdown and is clinically shown to be more effective than glucosamine and chondroitin for reducing joint aches and pain.
Collagen is extracted using a low-heat, non-enzymatic process that preserves its natural form. It is thought by the developers that this may inhibit the enzymes that contribute to cartridge breakdown, and promote the proper inflammatory response needed to support joint health.
PLUS, Omega-3 CalaMarine for added joint health support
For added joint health support, and for its heart healthy benefits, I added a 500 mg daily dose of omega-3 CalaMarine® to my Omega-3 Joint Relief with Turmeric formula. Unlike ordinary fish oils, this pure, potent source of omega-3s is naturally higher in DHA, for added joint, heart, brain and eye support.
I believe that Omega-3 Joint Relief with Turmeric offers a unique combination of joint and heart health benefits that's both gentle and effective for everyday use.
Ingredients and Dosage
Doctor's Suggested Use: Take 2 softgels once daily with a meal.
Serving Size: 2 Softgels
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat||1 g||1%|
|Turmeric Extract (rhizome) (Turmacin®)||1 g||*|
|CalaMarine® Oil Concentrate (from squid)||500 mg||*|
|DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)||140 mg||*|
|EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)||80 mg||*|
|UC-II® (3% Type II Collagen)||40 mg||*|
|Total Collagen||10 mg||*|
|‡Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
* Daily Value (DV) not established
Other ingredients: Gelatin, sunflower oil, glycerin, sunflower lecithin, caramel color, yellow beeswax, potassium chloride, silicon dioxide
Precautions: Consult a health care practitionerbefore use if you are pregnant or nursing, havea serious medical condition, or use any medications.
Keep out of reach of children.
Turmacin® is a registered trademark of Natural Remedies Pvt Ltd.
CalaMarine® is a registered trademark of Pharma Marine AS.
UC-II is a registered trademark of InterHealth N.I.
UC-II brand undenatured type II collagen (U.S. Patents 7,846,487, 7,083,820 and EPO Patent EP1435906B1; Canadian patent CA 2459981C; and Japanese Patent JP4800574B2).
Science and Quality
The science behind Turmacin®
Turmacin helps provide relief for everyday joint aches and pain, improved joint mobility and function, and a proper inflammatory response as assessed by three different, well-regarded pain assessment scales: VAS, WOMAC, and CGIC.
A randomized, single-blind, placebo-controlled trial assessed the effects of 1000 mg/day Turmacin vs. placebo in 120 patients (average age 57) with knee discomfort for more than 42 days.
Visual Analog Scale (VAS):
- Measures subjective characteristics (pain) in the form of a response scale scored between 0 and 100 (0 = no pain to 100 = most severe pain)
- Turmacin had a significantly greater improvement/reduction to baseline and placebo
Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index (WOMAC)
- A functional assessment pertaining to an affected knee joint / joints with 24 questions
- Pain graded on 1–5, stiffness 6–7, and physical functional difficulty 8–24. The patient's response is graded qualitatively (0 = none, 1 = mild, 2 = moderate, 3 = severe, 4 = extreme) with a maximum score of 96
- Turmacin had a significantly greater improvement / reduction to baseline and placebo
Clinician Global Impression Change (CGIC)
- Employed to assess improvement in patient's overall condition
- Rated based on the clinical examination on day 21 and 42. The scale range was from 0 to 7 ['0' = no pain and '7' = worst pain].
- Patients are evaluated by an orthopedic consultant and assessed on the presence or absence of joint tenderness
- Turmacin had a significantly greater improvement / reduction to baseline and placebo
The science behind UC-II®
UC-II outperforms glucosamine and chondroitin (G+C) in promoting joint comfort and mobility as measured by WOMAC, VAS, and Lequesne Functional Index (LFI).
In a randomized, double-blind clinical study, 52 patients (average age 58) were assigned to take either 40 mg of UC-II or 1,500 mg glucosamine + 1,200 mg chondroitin (G+C) over 90 days to assess safety and efficacy.1
Visual analog scale (VAS):
- UC-II reduced VAS by 40% compared to 15% for (G+C)
Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index (WOMAC):
- Treatment with UC-II reduced WOMAC scores by 33% compared to 14% for (G+C) after 90 days
Lequesne Functional Index (LFI):
- Used to determine the effect of the different treatment groups on pain during daily activities
- UC-II reduced the LFI score by 20% compared to 6% for (G+C)
UC-II can help support and alleviate joint discomfort during and after exercise as well as improve flexibility and mobility in physically active healthy subjects.2
In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, adaptive-designed pilot study, 55 healthy subjects (ages 30–65) experiencing joint discomfort upon strenuous exercise took either 40 mg/day of UC-II or placebo before bed over 120 days while continuing their normal diet and exercise regimens. Subjects were tested at 30-day intervals from baseline to 120 days by inducing physical stress through a standardized stepmill procedure.
- Significant improvement in knee extension at 90 days (compared to baseline) and 120 days (compared to baseline and placebo)
- The minimum time to onset of joint discomfort (while exercising) was significantly better than baseline at day 90 and day 120. No significant changes in placebo.
- Longer exercise duration before discomfort occurred
- Maximum time to offset joint discomfort (after exercising) was significantly faster at days 60, 90, and 120 compared to baseline
- Faster recovery from joint discomfort
The science behind CalaMarine®
- Increased consumption of omega-3 fatty acids, especially those from fish and fish oil, is associated with overall cardiovascular health.3
- Taking fish oil helps replace some of the arachidonic acid (an omega-6) in cell membranes with the more desirable omega-3 fatty acids.4 This leads to a better ratio of essential fatty acids, which helps promote a normal inflammatory response by balancing prostaglandins and leukotrienes—hormone-like substances—that impact a person's cardiovascular health.
- Fish oil supplementation has a beneficial effect on endothelial function and vascular tone in healthy subjects.5
- Omega-3s support arterial health by supporting proper blood vessel dilation, arterial flexibility, and vascular functions.6
1 Crowley D., et al. Int J Med Sci. 2009;6(6),312-1.
2 Udani J, et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in healthy volunteers. 2013; Unpublished.
3 Yam D, et al. Harefuah. 2001;140(12):1156-8,1230.
4 Calder P. Proc Nutr Soc. 2002;61(3):345-58.
5 Khan F, et al. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;59(4):955-62.
6 Nestel P, et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002;76:326-30.
- Manufactured to exacting standards using highest quality raw materials
- Produced in accordance with our strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that meet those set by the FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- Every batch tested to verify purity and potency specifications are met
- Quality assured with our Triple-Testing Philosophy™
- Backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee
Product reviews and ratings are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the individual contributors and not those of Healthy Directions LLC. Healthy Directions LLC neither verifies nor endorses any claims made in these reviews and ratings.