In this week’s Be HEALTHistic Video Extra, Dr. Stephen Sinatra talks about one of his favorite adaptogenic herbs, ashwagandha — which has a variety of helpful health benefits. From supporting heart health and mental well-being, to reducing stress and cortisol, to boosting every day focus and concentration, Dr. Steve explains why you should include ashwagandha in your daily regimen in this special Wellness Wisdom segment.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Visit the Healthy Directions website for more health and wellness content and information!
- Check out the Healthy Directions Articles Archive, where you can search for specific, health-related content from all of our Healthy Directions doctors and experts.
- In the video, Dr. Stephen Sinatra mentioned how much of an impact stress can have on heart health; check out this article on how to protect your heart from stress.
- Besides ashwagandha, there are other nutraceuticals that can help protect your heart; read Dr. Steve’s recommendations for the best supplements for a healthy heart.
- For more information about ashwagandha, check out this article from Dr. Drew Sinatra on the benefits of ashwagandha: use and dosage for adrenal fatigue.
- Dr. Stephen Sinatra mentioned his book, Heartbreak and Heart Disease: A Mind/Body Prescription for Healing the Heart; click to buy the book.
- Dr. Steve often gives advice about how diet affects heart health; for more information, check out Episode 21: Wellness Wisdom: What Is the Best Heart Healthy Diet Plan?
Dr. Steve Sinatra: Hi, folks, Dr. Steve Sinatra here…and today we're talking about one of my favorite adaptogenic herbs, and that's ashwagandha.
You know, folks, I've been using ashwagandha for more than 20 years. As a heart specialist I stumbled upon it a couple of decades ago, and I realized that not only does it support heart health and cortisol, but it has a remarkable impact on the reduction of stress and tension.
And when I wrote my book, Heartbreak and Heart Disease, a few decades ago, I realized the impact of emotional stress on the heart. It can be disastrous — much more disastrous than high cholesterol.
One of the other great attributes of ashwagandha, it supports mental health. And we all need this in this pandemic of COVID-19.
Another good aspect of ashwagandha, it's going to support every day focus and concentration — which can get out of whack, especially when we're emotionally stressed.
Ashwagandha, with its adaptogenic potential, is really an awesome supplement to take. From my heart to yours, I'm Dr. Steve Sinatra.